PRIZE PROMOTIONS - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Glasgow on Ice Promotion - Specific Promotion Terms
1.To enter you must like our tweet that communicates this promotion where instructed to do so. The promotion is free to enter, no purchase is necessary. You will need internet access and a Twitter account to enter.
2.The promotion opens on Friday 11 December and closes on Monday 14 December 2015 at 12pm. You can enter by liking our promotional tweet any time after we post the tweet, but before the promotion closes.
3.One entry per person.
4.Five (5) winners will be chosen at random to win tickets providing entry for four people to Glasgow on Ice at George Square in Glasgow. Tickets are for use before 31 December 2015. The ticket prizes do not include travel, accommodation or any other costs associated with attending the event.
5.Winners will be selected at random by an independent third party on Monday 14 December.
6.Winners will be notified by 17:00 on Monday 14 December 2015 by direct message on Twitter. The winners will be asked to reply to us by direct message to claim their prize and supply their name/address details by 17:00 on Tuesday 15 December 2015, otherwise they will be deemed to have forfeited their prize (in accordance with our general terms clause 11)
7.We will send winners their prize by first class recorded delivery post the day after they have confirmed that they are accepting the prize, and have provided their address details. 8.Winners must follow all Glasgow on Ice rules and ticket terms and conditions.
9.For prize winner details, send SAE with your request to FAO Strathmore Team: Westfield House, 4 Mollins Road, Cumbernauld G68 9H” by 31 March 2016. Background: The terms and conditions set out below (the general terms) apply to all prize draws, competitions and other prize promotions (promotions) which we run. Each promotion will also have its own set of specific terms and conditions and these will be communicated to you as part of the promotion (either on-pack, online or by some other means) (the specific terms). Together, the general terms and applicable specific terms comprise the promotion terms. By entering a promotion, you agree to be bound by the promotion terms. This means you should read and treat the general terms and applicable specific terms as one set of terms. However, if there is any contradiction or inconsistency between the two, the specific terms will take priority over the general terms.
The general terms:
1. Entry is open to all legal residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man aged 16 or over, except: (i) our employees; (ii) the employees of any third party helping us with the promotion (e.g. our marketing agency); and (iii) the immediate family members of (i) and (ii).
2. We may carry out verification checks to confirm your eligibility to enter (including requesting proof of ID (e.g. a current passport or driver’s licence) or proof of address (e.g. a recent utility bill)). If you need to purchase one of our products to enter, you must retain your receipt and winning product for verification.
3. Please see specific terms for opening date, closing date and entry instructions.
4. You must submit your own entry. Bulk, group or third party entries will not be accepted. Entries submitted using automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that enable a person to enter repeatedly will not be accepted.
5. We will have no responsibility for, and will not accept, any entries that are lost, delayed, incomplete, illegible, damaged or corrupted (including as a result of postal delays, technical issues with your mobile, tablet, computer or connectivity, or technical issues with our website). Proof of sending does not constitute proof of receipt.
6. If the promotion involves the submission of audio, video, text, images or other content, you must ensure your submission: (i) is not copied from a third party; (ii) does not otherwise infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights; (iii) does not feature any person (living or dead) without their permission; and (iv) does not contain any defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, illegal or otherwise unsuitable materials. You will retain any copyright which exists in your submission but, by entering, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual licence to use your content in any media for our promotional purposes.
7. Please see specific terms for details of: (i) how we will select and notify winners; (ii) how winners will receive, or can claim, their prize; and (iii) any delivery timescales. Prizes will only be delivered within the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Please see specific terms for prize details. We reserve the right to substitute any prize (or an individual aspect of a prize) for an alternative of equal or greater value where we deem it strictly necessary due to events outside our reasonable control. Winners may not transfer the right to accept their prize to another person without our consent. We will not offer cash alternatives to any prizes. Prizes are not negotiable.
9. Winners are responsible for any tax liability they incur as a result of accepting a prize. Winners are encouraged to seek independent financial advice before accepting a prize if the tax implications concern them.
10. Winners are responsible for obtaining, both for themselves and any guests, any insurance cover which is required or advisable in order to enjoy their prize. Where a prize involves overseas travel, in addition to obtaining travel insurance, winners are responsible for obtaining, both for themselves and any guests, any necessary visas or clearances, and for obtaining health advice in relation to the travel destination.
11. We may, at our sole discretion, arrange for an alternative winner to be selected on the same basis as the original winner if: (i) the original winner fails to take any of the steps necessary to claim their prize as set out in the specific terms; (ii) we are unable to contact the original winner having made reasonable efforts to do so; (ii) the original winner fails any verification or eligibility checks; (iii) the original winner is disqualified in accordance with the promotion terms; or (iv) the original winner is unable to accept their prize for any reason.
12. We reserve the right to disqualify you if you fail our verification checks or we reasonably believe that you have: (i) breached any of the promotion terms; or (ii) otherwise cheated or jeopardised the integrity of the promotion.
13. We reserve the right to suspend, vary or cancel a promotion where we deem it strictly necessary due to events outside our reasonable control (including where technical issues are affecting the proper running of the promotion or where we suspect fraud). In these circumstances, we will do all we can to minimise any disappointment caused.
14. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you for any loss, injury or damage which: (i) you suffer by entering a promotion; or (ii) you or your guest(s) suffer in the enjoyment of any prize. However, nothing will exclude or limit our liability in respect of personal injury or death caused by our negligence or for any fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation committed by us.
15. We may run a promotion via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or another social media channel. If we do, you will need an account with that social media channel in order to enter. You acknowledge that any promotion run via a social media channel is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, that social media channel. By entering, you agree to release that social media channel from any and all liability in connection with the promotion. You also understand that any personal details you submit to enter a promotion or claim a prize (see condition 16 for more details) are provided to us and not to that social media channel.
16. We may ask you to supply personal details to enter a promotion or claim a prize (e.g. name, postal address, email address, date of birth etc). The details you submit must be true and up-to-date. By entering, you consent to us using your details in order to run the promotion (including sharing your details with any third party helping us with the promotion (e.g. our marketing agency)). Please see specific terms for information about how else we may use your details. Winners also specifically consent to: (i) us disclosing their name and county as per condition 17; and (ii) taking part in unpaid publicity (e.g. being filmed or taking part in an interview and/or a photo-shoot) which we may use in any media for our promotional purposes. If you do not consent to any of this, please do not enter our promotion. If your details change during a promotion, it is your responsibility to notify us otherwise you may miss out on a prize.
17. Please write to “FAO: [Insert Brand Name] Brand Manager - [Insert Promotion Name]” at the address below within 3 months of the applicable closing date for the names and counties of major prize winners.
18. Our decision in relation to all matters relating to our promotions will be final.
19. The promotion terms will be interpreted and applied in accordance with Scottish law. The Scottish courts will have the exclusive right to settle any disputes related to our promotions.
20. Promoter: A.G. BARR p.l.c., Westfield House, 4 Mollins Road, Cumbernauld, G68 9HD. Note: We may update the general terms from time to time. You should check this page regularly to ensure you are up-to-date because any changes will apply from the date they are made. Last Update: September 2015 ANY QUESTIONS? ANY QUESTIONS? Please contact us if you have any questions about these terms, our Site or anything else related to our business: firstname.lastname@example.org